So there I was...spending my first weekend with Jelaine in our new house. It was awesome!
We went to The Melting Pot on Friday. We drove down to Lincoln to see Swan Lake and have Mongolian BBQ on Saturday. We went to the Omaha Bible Church on Sunday, which I think I am going to keep going to...we bought some cool stuff for our dining room and the guest bathroom. Jelaine helped me nearly finish unpacking and decorating the house. And on Sunday night we enjoyed cooking dinner together at home and sharing a bottle of this great Washington State Syrah (Arbor Crest). On Monday, Jelaine got a massage while I went to work for a little bit and then we spent a little more time going through a Menards (hardware store) dreaming about all the things we were going to buy for the house.
Jelaine had delays, as always, at the airport, but other than that it was great! So now you know why I didn't blog all weekend. Not to mention the fact that I just started class up here and after a long day staring at computer based lessons or running around base for misc training events, I come home and water my new sod, cook my dinner, feed the fish and unpack boxes...needless to say I haven't had much time. So to my adoring fans, my deepest apologies. As for catching up on all your blogs, your going to have to give me a few more days.
I did want to tell you about this barbershop group I went to tonight though. This is a new one...actually an old one...the oldest in Nebraska. And they are great! Small, like 20 memebers, but really a really quality group. And their average age is probably 20 years yonger than the Sarpy Serenaders. This group is the Heartland Harmonizers. You can find them on the web. Good Group! Anyway, now I have to go to bed. So good night.
Kilroy was here!
6 comments:
sweetheart, you gotta post about the shoe story when you get a chance. And thank you so much for such a wonderful weekend!!!!
I like menards. They have a fun jingle on their TV commercials that I like to sing along with!
I love that he says we should look at something on the web, but doesn't tell us where to go!
Just kidding. :-) Glad you and Jelaine had a good weekend - makes me want to go have fondue.
We're excited about your new home. We love being homeowners and hope that the flooding situation has been the worst of your worries for a while. Happy decorating!
Holly
hey armend!!!! sry if i spelt ur name wrong!!!this is kaitie (treys little sister!!!) i havent talked to u in a while so i just wanted 2 say hey!!!welll i got 2 gos!!! love u like a brother!!! lol !!! bye!!!
Hope things are going well with the new house.
Post a Comment