Monday, November 06, 2006

"Diamond" in the Ruff...

So there I was...or should I say: So there we were...

Jelaine and I that is. We were visit our local pet world for the humpenth time to check on this puppy who had been there since we found the store basically. This was last weekend and when we walked in, sure enough she was still there. The background to this event is that I go in there often for fish supplies, and Jelaine and I already have one wonderful dog, Second Chance "Legend". Most of you know of him at least. He is a Miniature Pincher. I know Jelaine blog about him before. Well this puppy in the pet store also happened to be a black and rust min pin, but she has been bred unusually small. Needless to say, she is adorable and we, especially I, had become quite attached. So much so that we had even named her. Thus the title. So, as you can see, I, unlike "E", intentionally use my mispellings as a play on words.

Long story short, after watching her live in a glass box for nearly five months we couldn't stand it any more. So we brought a 3.2 lb Diamond home last Saturday and SHE IS AWESOME!!! Since Jelaine keeps Legend, and he was already house trained when we got him, I never really understood how much work it is, and how you have to keep a vigil eye on your pet constantly. But alas it is worth it. The best part is that she plays fetch like a champ. She can't sit or come or heel or anything, but she can fetch her little yellow bear like she has been doing it for years.
So, other than toting around her pink kennel, it is awesome having Diamond around! We just hope her and Legend get along. He loves other dogs, but she barks at herself in the mirror, and is scared of every other dog she has met so far. Hopefully that will change. They will meet each other for the first time over Thanksgiving. How exciting!

Kilroy was here!

PS: Talked to Justin today and we have begun revising the posse plan. I am afraid the sky diving is probably out, but T3...the president and I are type rated in the Beachcraft 400 twin jet engine business liner. I think it holds five passengers, so the ladies my not be able to join us, but we can make it happen. Just got to wait to see if the AB is ever going to come back from Turkey.

8 comments:

Viki said...

I've been waiting for you to post a picture - she is cute! I still think it's funny that our cats are each about 4 times her size though.

I'm sure that in time she and Legend will get along, especially if Legend is friendly.

TreyJ said...

First off, I like your sign in the blogger's corner.

Second, my cats could eat your dog.

Third, and most important, you can probably find the president hanging out at the airport near Marmaris, Turkey. They have what is probably the only Arby's restaurant in that part of the world there.

H Noble said...

That is a great sign. And who needs the ladies anyway. They are staying behind to pray remember?

J

Viki said...

I missed the Blogger's Corner sign earlier - ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to say Happy Almost Birthday! :)

mrscoutmaster said...

Blogger sign ..lol. But in addition to someone checking their priorities....Someone should check "thier" spelling.lol
BTW sorry we did not get to see you when you were in town.

TreyJ said...

OK, we know you've gotta be taking some leave sometime soon...so POST SOMETHING!

Viki said...

I'm sorry, but I officially had to notate that you are "non-participative" on my blog...