So there I was...
in bed, 0930 on Sunday morning, when housekeeping knocks at the door. So I tell them, "ONE MOMENT," as I jump out of bed reach for the nearest pair of pants and shirt, slide my flip-flops on, and go to the door. They asked me if I wanted room service, and I said yes, cause I sure don't want to make my own bed.
Well I decided that if I was up I might as well go get some breakfast. Lucky for me, on Sundays brunch runs from like 0-dark-30 till 1330, that's 1:30 pm for you non-military/European types. So I had some freshly made french toast and eggs over medium, and then headed back to the room.
When I got back, I saw that my bed was neatly made...but something was missing...MY HEART!!! :-( Where did it go? I know I had it with me when I woke up. Did that guy steal it? Why would anyone want to steal a stuff red heart that says "Lover Boy" on it?
(Ok, I know most of you are wondering why I have a stuffed heart that says that...and more importantly why I brought it to WA with me. Well, my wife gave it to me for Valentine's Day. And I have it with me every night...so :-P Laugh if you want to.)
Anyway, so I walked down all the second floor hallways, and most of the first, looking for this guy...to no avail. I called housekeeping and got the answering machine. I was out of options. So, I decided to prop my door open and stake out the hallway for his return. Sure enough he finally came back and I asked him if he had accidentally rolled it up in the old sheets. He had, and I got it back. But I can't help but think he was laughing at me, a grown man carrying around a stuffed heart. All I know is that if he would have lost it, I would have stuffed his heart. (And those of you who know my dad, shouldn't doubt that I could do it. :-)
So don't worry dear, I didn't lose it. I took it back to my room and curled up in the fetal position with it for a few minutes...and then decided to blog about it. :-)
Kilroy was here!
11 comments:
I wouldn't go around telling people that a man stole your heart...
Trey, I am glad you said it and not me. I don't know what is better A2 or loverboy, the options are growing.
You asked me to stop in so I have...and I must admit this is a funny one to look in on. Hello to all the rest of you...I enjoyed stopping to update on what is going on at everyone else's sights. Glad to see you are all doing well and I'll drop in more often to see how you are all doing. Keep having fun. I know I am! God Bless!
You guys know I have never really been one to think before I spoke...point taken Trey.
Only five more days until I get to go home to the one who has really stolen my heart!
Kilroy was here!
LOL, maybe we should go to the root of the problem. Jelaine gave you a stuffed heart? I mean i had to vouch for you in high school that you werent gay but now you wife is putting you into wierd situation. I think you need to have a talk and tell her you are a man and you want a bowling ball, heh. OH and this is for when you get back home, YEAH BUDDY!!!!!
I think it would've been a much more entertaining story if you hadn't actually thrown on real clothes to go looking for the stuffed heart - like when maintanence came to our hotel room the other day and I was in a towel. Just kidding. :-) Fun story Armand...
The sad thing is that I can TOTALLY picture that!!
Dood,
Give me your phone number. Please. I can't call you if I don't have it.
armand wow, with all the other comments I dont have to add anything. I can inly imagine to what Jelaine is going to get you next year.
opps, only
I love you, sweetheart. And I appreciate very much the fact that you went looking for the heart I got you and got it back. :) Oh, and I love the fact that you don't care if people make fun of you for something I gave you, of just made fun of you at all. You are so secure in who you are...it's wonderful!
Post a Comment