So there I was...0'930 on a Wednesday, done with my in-processing checklist and asking the orderly room guys what was next. He said "nothing." I don't have my base in-processing stuff till next Thursday, so that is like 8 days with nothing to do. I know I shouldn't complain about this, so I won't, but I have been doing a whole lot of nothing for a while now and believe it or not you eventually get tired of it.
The good news is I have discovered a few things here to keep me somewhat occupied. I get to work out on base every day...and now that "E" and T3 are doing the president's challenge with J and I, I am more motivated than ever. That and J has like twice as many points as me so I have a lot of work to do. :-) Next, there is the place right next to where I am staying right now that has these cool massage beds, and the best thing is their absolutely free! They are sweet! And I am going to go every day after I work out. Then there's the Sarpy Serenaders on Mondays and minor league baseball every chance I get! So, I should be good until I get the house and the to do list has already begun for that. First on the list is sealing the tile grout and taking care of the lawn. So if you know how to do either one of those pretty well, share your insight.
Until then, I have to stop procrastinating on the workout so I can get to the massage.
Kilroy was here!
5 comments:
Ya know, it's easy to sit back and say "enjoy the time doing nothing," but when you're in the middle of it, doing nothing can really bum you out.
BTW - cubbies just came on TV. I don't listen to the TV announcers, though; instead, I turn on WGN radio because the announcers there are much better.
Man I want a free massage, you Stink
8 days with nothing to do. Sounds like a good country song to me.
"Eight days with nothing to do. Can't even shoot a deer. Eight days with nothing to do. Wish I could buys some beer."
And on the house list, I promise it never ends. I thought ok, I will weed the yard and put in a sprinkler system that will keep the list small. No, now it is a patio and patio cover. GOSH!
To E: Move up here with me and you can get one every day! Not from me...from them. :-)
To J10: True Dat...
To AB: That's nuts! July? Oh, and thanks for the advice.
To T3: I've already talked to you too much this week so I've got nothing to say to you.
Kilroy was here!
Post a Comment