Thursday, July 13, 2006

How to improve your game in one easy lesson...

So there I was...

Reading Justin's blog, in a hopeless ploy to catch up on my friend's lives when I run into his protest. So what can I say, I have been a bit preoccupied. But Justin has every right to protest. And I am not making excuses; I'll just admit that I am a terrible friend. So I am sorry. I am such a terrible friend in fact that I didn't even get to say goodbye to Andy before he left to see the world. I really SUCK.

That being said, let me attempt to catch up...oh wait, Jelaine already did a phenomenal job of that already. She has tons of pictures and stuff on her post so check it out. She did forget a few details though. The biggest of which was that the day of her post was our second wedding anniversary. She did tell you how we celebrated it by driving to Salina. It is surprisingly a nice little town. They don't allow pets in the mall though (just in case you were wondering).

Let me tell you more about our golf outing though...because it was hilarious and pathetic. When Jelaine and I say we went golfing, we don't really mean it. Just ask Trey about when we went with him. First of all I have an incurable slice (I mean bad). So bad in fact that I can't help but put my ball on the fairway every time...the next fairway over that is. This course was no different. To make matters worse this was a 6 hole golf course. A six hole course made for kids learning how to golf. I mean less than par 3 if that were possible. The longest hole is 169 yds and the shortest is 85. Jelaine can hit it straight and for a girl who hasn't played much has a descent stroke, I on the other hand do not. Luckily we were virtually the only ones on the course and we were able to tee off at least twice per hole. We didn't play best ball, we played both balls and took the lower of the two scores.

I did discover my one gift though. That is pitching. After I teed off onto the opposite fairway (every hole) I managed to pitch it within ten feet of the hole most of the time...even when I couldn't see the pin. Jelaine is a bipolar golfer though. She either nails it or it goes rolling ten feet off the box. We are a sight on a golf course. It’s a good thing that Legend was the only one there to see us. That's right; we took our dog with us on the golf course. Don't know it that is against golf etiquette but we did it anyway.

I have to brag a little though, because on the last hole, I teed off, hit a straight shot and put the ball right on the green. It was pretty awesome...well unless you take into account that it was a 169 yard hold and I used a 5 WOOD, and came up short on the green.

I won't talk about our short games, but let’s just say we should spend some more time at Putt-Putt.

Well that's enough for now. I hope if your golf game was getting you down, you can now reassure yourself that there is someone out there worse than you.

Kilroy was here!

6 comments:

Jelaine said...

Sweetheart, not only am I a bipolar golfer, you forgot to tell them that half of the time, I swing and COMPLETELY MISS the ball. That's not on a practice swing, either, it's the real thing. I'm just happy that the swing and miss doesn't count as a stroke, since the ball didn't move.

H Noble said...

OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks for the update and the great story. I have never golfed, and in fact until last month, had never been on a golf course. I really want to learn, but everyone tells me how costly it is. Maybe someday...

Thanks for the call. Sorry I missed you again. I will try again this weekend.
J

TreyJ said...

It doesn't have to be costly - you just have to dig around!

Thanks for the update, dude. I'll fine some port for you soon.

Viki said...

Don't worry - I'm bad at golf too, and that includes putt-putt golf. It's not something I really have an interest in, though, so I guess that's my excuse.

Thanks for posting!

Kristin said...

Hey Armand... I'de probably be worse than you on a golf course... but to me, golfing just looks boring...

newho... you asked for my e-mail...
rill3osu@gmail.com

mrscoutmaster said...

It is an interesting game. Practice makes a difference. I have been told by many pretty good golfers that before you try to play the game you should spend time on the practice range. You can find out how far you hit your clubs and work on form and problems. I have not played in years but I enjoyed it when I did.