Friday, March 10, 2006

The world's greatest brownie - or - a big brown mess of goo...

So there I was...

Preparing to cook my gourmet hungry-man dinner in the microwave. I was carefully following the instructions to pull back the plastic cover on the brownie when I noticed that it really wasn't a brownie at all. It was basically frozen brownie batter. I figured they must know what they were doing and in 4.5 minutes on high in the microwave it would become a tasty dessert. So following the 4.5 minutes, I eaglery removed my lunch and continued cautiously with the instructions. Next I had to remove the so called brownie from the tray and set it aside. It came out, but in a semi-liquid form and not at all in one piece.

Well, i let it sit while the rest of the food was prepared and consumed. I then returned to the brown pile of gew. (On a side note: How do you spell gew. Sounds like dew with a g to me, but it doesn't look quite right.) Anyway, I have a bite, and low and behold, although still not solidified or very brownie like in form, it was one of the tastiest brownie piles I have ever had.

Moral of this little tale: You can't have a drink on the house...no wait, there I go mixing up my stories again. The moral of this story is if you want a tasty dessert and you will still have room after "OVER 1 LB. OF FOOD" (right there on the box)...pick yourself up a hungry-man dinner next time you're in the frozen foods section.

Kilroy was here!

7 comments:

Jelaine said...

GOO, G. O. O. It was a good try, though, sweetie.

Karen said...

Jelaine's right. It is goo. That's the kind of story that merits a picture for your readers! :)

PS- remember me from V/T's wedding? I'm one of those beautiful bridesmaids you raved about!

TreyJ said...

That's OK, Armand...my wife outdoes me in spelling and such, too.

Which hungryman dinner was it? I need to go to the government store and get one just to try it out!

ArmandII said...

To my wife: I will correct the spelling in the title but leave it in the blog for posterities sake.

To Karen: Of course I remember you. How could I forget any of you gorgeous ladies...just don't tell my wife I said that. :-)Oh and about the picture, sorry I didin't have a camera and I actually looked online for a picture of a brownie but it just didn't do it justice.

To Trey. It was the enchilada one but I think most of the hungry man dinners come with the same dessert.

Kilroy was here!

Scott said...

Interesting, hungry man dinners? Must be a military thing. LEts leave the spelling to the ladies. I know I cant spell. Sounds like it was a good brownie though.

Viki said...

Yeah, it's 'goo' but it's also 'for posterity's sake' as the posterity is what has possession of its sake. There's no apostrophe in 'its' here, by the way, because then it would be the contraction for 'it is' rather than the possessive.

Regarding the brownie, I'm sorry it was a mess. That's the kind of thing that would make me irate. Just ask Trey how upset I get if my ice cream gets too melty. :-)

TreyJ said...

hey scooter,

the hungry man dinners are made by swanson, if I'm not mistaken. You oughtta be able to get them anywhere fine frozen foods are sold :)