So there I was...
With Trey, in my new house only two days when I go to the basement to find it full of water..."OH NO!!!!" Yes that's right, I've already had my basement flooded...well, kind of. I thought it was the air conditioner leaking since the large puddle just happened to be under and around my air conditioning unit. Come to find out though, it was all Trey's fault.
When the warranty guy came out, I remembered that before I had found the puddle in my basement, I had found a wet spot on the carpet in my pantry. Well I thought I had spilled some water from the trash that was sitting in there, but I hadn't. I put two and two together and realized that the main bath tub was directly above the pantry and the pantry was directly above the air conditioner.
So now the plumbers came out and figured out that there was a faulty O-ring (good thing it wasn't a space shuttle) in the faucet and it was allowing water to leak into the wall and down two stories into the basement, stopping off to ruin the pantry carpet on the way. So, long story short, the faucet is fixed and the water in the basement is almost gone, but now I have to wait and see if there is any damage to the walls or floors. BLAH!!!
Other than that, thanks to Trey and some other buddies up here and no thanks to the movers (who broke or scratch about 95% of my furniture and about 15% of my appliances and dishes) the house is coming together nicely. Jelaine even gets to come see it all for the first time next weekend. How would you like for someone to have your whole house set up for you a week before you got there...lucky!
Oh, and Trey got to cook the first meal on our stove and in our oven, and guess what J? He was the first one to set off our fire alarms. That's right, we didn't even make it one meal before they went off. I say they, because in these new fangled houses when one goes off, they all go off...and I have 6! :-)
Well, that's all for now, just saying hello from Cornhuskertonfieldville. God Bless.
Kilroy was here!
11 comments:
In my defense, I TOLD A2 that the meal would be smoky due to the way that I made the steaks, so it's not like I burned or overcooked anything.
Anyway, he's got a cool house. Everyone should come see it.
Man, I'm sorry about the water! Hope nothing else happens. Enjoy NE! I'm off to Cali in a couple weeks!!! YESSSSSS!
Ahh home ownership funs...
Our fire alarms are all linked together as well, man they are loud. No way you sleep through that.
Now that you have moved in, time to update your location in your profile.
I would NOT call myself lucky for having guests be able to stay at MY house with MY husband before I get to. I do appreciate all of your hard work, though. :)
Thanks for keeping me honest J10, consider it done.
Kilroy was here!
Hey Armand :) I'm glad you like me with hair too ;) It's more of a natural state for me!!!
Sorry to hear about all the move in problems... hope everything gets fixed and you can have a nice peaceful event free life in the house :)
In Trey's defense, yes, those steaks are always smokey...funny thing about smoke detectors, though...I thought we didn't have one because it wasn't right next to the kitchen and I'd have set it off by now. Actually, we do, it's just by the bedrooms, but I had to call the apartment complex to figure that out.
On a different note, how do I join your President's Challenge group?
I know your wife was there this weekend and all, but I figure you probably had a few seconds to post and say something to your faithful readers!
So Armand...your ability to call the wrong phone number has rubbed off on your poor wife! She tried to call you and called me instead...Poor J was SOOO confused! LOL Have a good one kiddo!
I know, I know...give me one more day faithful readers. Thank you for your patience.
Kilroy was here!
Post a Comment